Currently we run 8 projects in our Laboratory
- Investigation of phylogeny of peat moss species (project leaders: Erzsébet Szurdoki and Orsolya Márton).
- Investigation of population genetics of polyploid common reed and hornwort species (project leader: Attila Engloner).
- Investigation of phylogeny of earthworm species (project leader: Csaba Csuzdi)
- Testing the utility of environmental DNA method for monitoring the presence of olm (Proteus anguinus) (project leader: Judit Vörös, collaborator: Hyla – Croatian Herpetological Society).
- Investigation of population structure and the extent of intestinal parasite infection of green toads species in Hortobágy (project leader: Judit Vörös).
- Investigation of population genetics of the European pond turtle (Emys orbicularis) in Hungary (project leader: Judit Vörös).
- Investigation of population genetics of the Hungarian meadow viper (Vipera ursinii rakosiensis) (project leader: Bálint Halpern).
- Investigation of phylogeny and adaptation of blind mole rat species (Nannospalax) in Hungary (project leaders: Gábor Csorba and Attila Németh)
Collection of DNA samples
The Hungarian Natural History Museum was affiliated with the Global Genome Biodiversity Network (GGBN) in 2014. The network includes museums, cryobanks, research institutes around the world and has the following main objectives:
- to preserve and provide genome-quality samples (tissues, cells, DNA) for molecular biodiversity research;
- to provide standards for an integrated data management;
- to provide open access to a global data management system for all the member institutions.
In this context, we have started organizing our DNA sample repository and creating a digital data base.
The laboratory provides Sanger sequencing and fluorescently labeled DNA fragment determination services with rapid turnaround time and high reliability. Our clients are generally interior universities, research institutes or companies.
About pricing information please contact us: labor_at_nhmus.hu
Manager of Laboratory: Dr. Virág Krízsik
Deputy manager : Orsolya Márton
Technician: Mária Tuschek